Tuesday, April 5, 2011


















I met the man next door,
he is smiling and younger than I.
The Gentleman next door
he has antique tractors three or four.
Shy guy, he brought my screen that blew to his yard.
On each side there is one 
Now Jim he has Lou Gehrig's Disease, the smiling face
The guy with the Ellis B, Vern St.John is ninety three
Then there's Ed, shy his door opened with hesitation,
has I told him to call me if he should need anything, 
this, after I watched the First Response take his Mom away
yesterday it was a good day for me.
So new friends I have as all the others let them be.

5 comments:

  1. Its nice to meet neighbors, although meeting them because of the first response... not so much.
    Good neighbors are a blessing !
    JL&B

    ReplyDelete
  2. did you just move? nice to meet the people who live around...and quickly include them into a poem..nice

    ReplyDelete
  3. they are a quirky lot
    ..and the tree, is right across the road
    brimming with fruit all winter to feed the wildlife..
    Thank you for dropping by

    ReplyDelete
  4. Simplicity of neighborhoods, welcomed guests of yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. hope that neighbor turns into a friend...sorry to read about his mom...hope she is ok?

    ReplyDelete